Dear PYC Family,
We are so very grateful to be able to start welcoming you back to the studio! Beginning Monday, June 15th, we’ll gradually begin to reopen with a limited schedule. Due to restrictions on in-person class size, practitioners will still have the option to join all of our classes via Zoom. Please read on for the all of the details.
*Important: By choosing to come to an in-person class at Pranava Yoga Center, you agree to read the following information thoroughly and to abide by all studio policies. Please keep in mind that you are still more than welcome to join us for live-streamed classes from the comfort of your home.
First Things First... COVID-19
1. The health of our community is our first priority in reopening. If you have a fever or any symptoms of illness such as the sniffles, a runny or stuffy nose, a cough, shortness of breath, etc., please do not come to the studio as you will be sent home. You may return to the studio after three days with no fever and your symptoms have improved and it’s been 10 days or more since your symptoms first appeared. Sorry, but no exceptions.
2. Those with higher risk for severe illness should still plan to join us for classes virtually.
3. If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or knowingly come into contact with someone who has, please refrain from coming to the studio for 14 days.
4. Teachers and students will have their forehead temperature checked upon arriving to the studio. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be sent home. Please always check the online schedule prior to coming to class for cancellations.
1. We will start with a limited in-person class schedule of 1-3 classes per day to allow time for cleaning and disinfecting between classes and to balance the schedule with our current Yoga Teacher Training program. All 90- and 120-minute classes will still be 75-minutes since some students will still be joining online.
2. To comply with social distancing guidelines, there will be a maximum of seven people allowed per in- person class, so practitioners must register and pay online ahead of time to attend. Sorry, but we currently cannot accept walk-ins. If you have trouble registering or paying, please call Hethyr at (719) 287-9715 or, as a backup, Jon at (719) 287-5438.
3. If a student is registered within one hour of the class start time, but misses class, the student will be charged the drop-in rate of $16. We appreciate you keeping your appointment or helping to support the teacher and studio during these challenging times.
4. There will be no shared props, hands-on adjustments, or complimentary tea cart for the time being. Practitioners may bring their own props.
In-Person Class Schedule Beginning June 15th, 2020
Monday - 9am Vinyasa Beginner/Intermediate & 6pm Gentle Yoga
Tuesday - 6am Morning Yoga, 9am Vinyasa Breakdown, & 12pm Lunchasana
Wednesday - 9am Vinyasa Beginner/Intermediate & 5:45pm Vinyasa Open
Thursday - 9am Vinyasa Beginner/Intermediate & 5:45pm Vinyasa Open
Friday - 9am Yoga Basics, 10:40am Meditation (open in-person to 9am attendees), & 12pm Lunchasana
Saturday - 2pm Kundalini Yoga
Sunday - 9:30am Vinyasa Intermediate/Advancing & 12pm Yoga Basics
1. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early and up to 20 minutes early for your class. This will allow us time to get you checked in and time for you to get to your mat. Sorry, but latecomers will not be allowed.
2. Please enter through the Dale St. door only and please follow social distancing guidelines of 6 feet if you need to wait behind someone to enter the building.
3. Face masks are required unless you are on your own mat. There will be a paper towel next to your mat space on which you may place your face mask during practice.
4. Your temperature will be checked at the door and you’ll be asked whether you have/have had a cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms.
5. After passing the health screening, you’ll enter the building, place your belongings in a cubby nearest the Dale St. door, use the restroom (since it will be a challenge once class starts), then proceed to the practice room. Please plan to move efficiently (since we can only have 1-2 people in the lobby at a time) and avoid touching anything unnecessary.
In the Studio
1. Proceed to an open mat space furthest away from the door (the spaces will be marked with tape), maintaining 6 feet social distancing with others who have already entered the room.
2. Once you’ve arrived at your mat, please plan to stay there for the remainder of class.
3. Place your mask on the paper towel next to your mat space and plan to put it back on if you must leave class for any reason and when you’re ready to exit the building.
4. Enjoy your community and your class! :)
*NOTE: Classes will be live-streamed and though we’ll try to keep students out of the picture as much as possible, there is a chance you’ll be on camera.
1. Put your mask back on and gather up your belongings.
2. Maintain 6 feet social distancing as students leave the room and lobby one at a time, those closest to the door leaving first.
3. As much as we love you all and love to chat after class, we do need to ask you to please leave promptly so other practitioners can leave, as well, and so that we have plenty of time to clean for the next class
Thank You and Welcome Back!
The PYC Crew
To join an ONLINE class, please follow these instructions:
1) You'll either need an existing Pranava Yoga Center MINDBODY account or you'll need to create one for free .
2) If you need to purchase a drop-in class or package, you can do so through our online store or, if you have any issues, speak with the teacher prior to class and he/she/they will be happy to help you.
3) Classes will be held through Zoom. If you don't yet have Zoom downloaded, just follow the basic instructions as prompted when you join your first class.
4) Sign up for class through our , , or the MINDBODY app at least 20 minutes prior to the start of class and please make sure you've provided a valid email address. All available online classes will be listed on the online schedule. About 15 minutes prior to class, you'll receive an email with a link to the Zoom call. Please be sure to check your junk mail folder if you don't see it in your inbox. Please join at least 5 minutes prior to the start of class so the teacher can take attendance and check you in. That's it!
We look forward to practicing with you online!
The PYC Crew