Pranava Yoga Center curriculum is based on Yoga Alliance 200 RYS Standards.
Congratulations to our Summer 2017 200-hour Teacher Graduates!
Upcoming Dates for Next Teacher Training Session
200-hour Winter 2018
Note: Dates and Times are subject to change.
Most weekends include:
8 hours on Saturday (8AM-5PM approx. with 1 hour for lunch)
8 hours on Sunday (8AM-5PM approx. with 1 hour for lunch)
* See exceptions for Weeks 7, 9, and 10
To request an application for this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or make your request at the studio.
Techniques, Training, and Practice: 100 hours
Teaching Methodology: 25 hours
Anatomy & Physiology: 20 hours
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: 30 hours
Practicum: 10 hours
Remaining hours are distributed among the five educational categories.
** Program includes PYC Instructors and Guest Instructors every week **
Total Hours: 220
Total Minimum Contact Hours: 180
Non-Contact Hours: 40
Total Minimum Contact Hours with Lead Trainer(s): 65
Sample Daily Schedule
What is Yoga, History of Yoga, Eight Limbs of Yoga
Teaching Styles and Verbal Skills
Sanskrit / English Names of Asanas
Asana Focus on Forward Bends
(Early registration deadline is October 6, 2017)
(If we receive your application after October 6, 2017)
$500 Deposit is due with the application.
The remaining tuition balance is due before
WEEK 5 (March 3) of the program.
200 Hour Training Content
Included in the training:
- What is yoga? / The history of yoga
- Eight Limbs of Yoga (Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi)
- How to teach a class
- How to assist and adjust your students
- Asana technique
- Alignment and prop usage
- Modifications and variations
- Chakras and Koshas
- Bandhas and Mudras
- Yoga Sutra, Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and more yogic texts
- Conscious eating and why some yogis become vegetarian
- Advancing your own practice
- The business of being a yoga instructor
- Many guest teachers from across the country
- And more!
The Pranava Yoga Center Teacher Training School is a Registered School with Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive a Certificate of Completion and can apply for registration with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 200-hour level (RYT 200).